Are you one of the many dog lovers who welcomed a new Australian Labradoodle puppy into your family? Congratulations! Owning a dog is a big responsibility, but it’s also one of the most rewarding things you’ll ever do. Part of that responsibility is ensuring your new pup gets plenty of exercise.
But what’s the best way to exercise an Australian Labradoodle puppy? If you’re considering getting an Australian Labradoodle puppy, keep reading for our how-to guide!
Why Is Exercise Important For Australian Labradoodle Puppies?
Exercise is essential for all puppies but vital for Australian labradoodle puppies. Labradoodles are a high-energy breed & need an outlet for all that energy. A tired puppy is a good puppy; exercise will help tire them out so they can focus & behave.
There are a few different ways you can exercise your Australian labradoodle puppy.
If you’re a new Australian labradoodle owner, you might wonder what type of exercise is best for your pup. After all, you want to ensure that your furry friend stays healthy & happy. The good news is that there are a few different ways you can exercise your labradoodle, depending on their age & energy level.
- Young puppies need shorter & less strenuous exercise sessions than older dogs. This is because they have smaller bladders & can’t hold their urine for as long. They also tire more quickly & need more frequent breaks. That’s why starting with shorter walks is essential & gradually increasing the distance as your puppy ages. You can also mix up your walking route to keep things interesting for them.
- On the other hand, older Australian Labradoodles can handle more extended & strenuous exercise sessions. This could include long walks, jogs, or even hikes. Consult your veterinarian first to ensure it’s safe for your dog. In addition to walking, you can do a few other exercises with your Australian labradoodle.
- You can also play games with them in your backyard or park. Games like fetch or frisbee are great ways to wear them out.
- Another option for exercising your labradoodle is to enroll them in a dog agility class. This is a great way to give them mental & physical stimulation while bonding with you.
Whatever activities you do with your puppy, ensure you supervise them at all times. They should always be on a leash outdoors & you should never leave them unsupervised indoors or in the yard. With time & patience, you’ll have a well-exercised Australian labradoodle pup in no time!
How Many Exercises Should Australian Labradoodle Puppies Get?
Assuming you have a healthy Australian Labradoodle puppy, he or she will need at least 30 minutes of exercise daily. This can be in the form of a walk, run, or playtime. If your puppy is still growing, you may want to give them less exercise so they don’t overdo it & hurt themselves.
Tips To Exercise Your Australian Labradoodle
Now that you know how important exercise is for your Labradoodle puppy & how often they need it to, let’s look at some tips to ensure the process goes smoothly.
- Start Slow & Gradually.
This increases exercise time & intensity. You don’t want to overdo it when first starting to exercise your Australian Labradoodle puppy. Start with short walks or play sessions & gradually increase the time & intensity as your puppy ages.
- Avoid Hot Weather
Hot weather can be dangerous for puppies, so avoid exercising in extreme heat. Stick to cooler times of the day or indoors if it’s too hot outside.
- Get Creative With Indoor Exercises
If the weather is too hot or cold, there are still plenty of ways to exercise your Labradoodle puppy indoors. Try playing fetch in the house or setting up an agility course in your living room.
- Make Sure To Rest
Just like people, puppies need time to rest after exercise. Make sure to give your puppy plenty of breaks throughout the day & make sure they have a comfortable place to sleep at night.
Your Search For The Perfect Australian Labradoodle Ends At Happy Tails Labradoodle
Australian labradoodle puppies are a great breed to own. Proper exercise can be just as healthy as any other dog. Happy Tails Labradoodles takes pride in providing only the best for our puppies. We hope you’ll consider adopting one from us. We have various colors & temperaments to choose from so you can find the perfect pup for your family.
If you have any questions about how to exercise your Australian labradoodle puppy or what kind of food to give them, don’t hesitate to contact us.
We want nothing more than for our puppies to lead happy, healthy lives & that starts with giving them the best possible care.
Top 5 Frequently Asked Questions
Australian Labradoodles are a relatively new breed, so it’s no surprise that there are still many questions about them. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about Australian Labradoodles.
1. What Is An Australian Labradoodle?
An Australian Labradoodle is a cross between a Labrador Retriever & a Poodle. They were originally bred in Australia in the 1980s as guide dogs for people with allergies to dog hair.
2. How Big Do Australian Labradoodles Get?
Australian Labradoodles can range from mini (under 20 pounds) to standard (over 50 pounds).
3. What Is The Australian Labradoodle’s Coat Like?
Australian Labradoodles can have either a wool or fleece coat. The coat is non-shedding & hypoallergenic, making them a great choice for people with allergies.
4. Do Australian Labradoodles Make Good Pets?
Australian Labradoodles are intelligent, friendly & easy to train. They make great family pets & do well with children.
5. Where Can I Find An Australian Labradoodle?
You can find Australian Labradoodles for sale from breeders all over the world. Happy Tails Labradoodles is a reputable breeder located in the United States.
We have a wide variety of Australian Labradoodles, including mini & standard sizes. Contact us today to find your perfect pup!